"The foundation of this narrative is an old manuscript originally belonging to the Franciscan monastery at Berchtesgaden, Bavaria. The manuscript was obtained from a peasant by Herr Richard Voss, of Heidelberg, from whose German version this is an adaptation"--p. . T.p. in red and black. Half-title printed in red.
Culture Class Collection copy 1 has autograph of H. G. (?) Schroder, Jr., June 16, 1894.