Point of view : an anthology of the moving image. Paul McCarthy [videorecording] / produced by Bick Productions, Ilene Kurtz-Kretzschmar and Caroline Bourgeois and the New Museum of Contemporary Art, New York.
- Other Title:
- Anthology of the moving image. Paul McCarthy
Additional title from container: Paul McCarthy : WGG
Additional title from film: WGG test
- Unlimited ed.
- [New York] : Bick Productions : New Museum of Contemporary Art, 2004.
- Point of view: an anthology of the moving image
1 videodisc : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- McCarthy, Paul, 1945- -- Interviews.
Video art -- United States.
Video art -- New York (State) -- New York -- Exhibitions.
Performance art -- United States.
Experimental films -- United States.
- Experimental films.
- Interview with optional subtitles in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Japanese.
- System Details:
- Part of a series presenting a point of entry for contemporary artists working in video, film and digital imagery who represent different generations and cultural perspectives. WGG (Wild gone girls), a filmed performance piece created by the American artist Paul McCarthy, depicts a sailing party gone wrong. McCarthy questions the effects that violence and mutilation, both real and simulated, have on the viewer in contemporary culture. Film is followed by an in-depth interview with the video artist.
- Video: WGG (Wild gone girls) / Paul McCarthy (6 min., 2003)
- Interviewer, Richard Meyer ; interviewee, Paul McCarthy.
- Producers, Ilene Kurtz-Kretzschmar, Caroline Bourgeois ; video artist, Paul McCarthy.
- Originally produced in 2003. Published in 2004.
Published on the occasion of the exhibition at the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York City, February 27-May 2, 2004.
- Kurtz-Kretzschmar, Ilene. , Producer
Bourgeois, Caroline. , Producer
Meyer, Richard, 1966- , Interviewer
McCarthy, Paul, 1945- , Interviewee, Artist
Bick Productions. , Distributor, Producer
New Museum of Contemporary Art (New York, N.Y.) , Distributor, Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|