Point of view : an anthology of the moving image. Isaac Julien [videorecording] / produced by Bick Productions, Ilene Kurtz-Kretzschmar and Caroline Bourgeois and the New Museum of Contemporary Art, New York.
- Other Title:
- Anthology of the moving image. Isaac Julian
Additional title from container: Isaac Julien : Encore
Additional title from film: Encore
- Unlimited ed.
- [New York] : Bick Productions : New Museum of Contemporary Art, 2004.
- Point of view: an anthology of the moving image
1 videodisc : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Julien, Isaac -- Interviews.
Video art -- England.
Video art -- New York (State) -- New York -- Exhibitions.
Conceptual art -- England.
Experimental films -- England.
- Experimental films.
- Interview with optional subtitles in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Japanese.
- System Details:
- Part of a series presenting a point of entry for contemporary artists working in video, film and digital imagery who represent different generations and cultural perspectives. Encore (Paradise Omeros: redux) created by the English artist Isaac Julien, presents stunning, color-saturated images that refer to the African Diaspora and the quest to find roots in a New World. Film is followed by an in-depth interview with the video artist.
- Video: Encore (Paradise Omeros: redux) / Isaac Julien (5 min., 2003)
- Interviewer: Dan Cameron ; interviewee, Isaac Julien.
- Producers, Ilene Kurtz-Kretzschmar, Caroline Bourgeois ; video artist, Isaac Julien.
- Originally produced in 2003. Published in 2004.
Published on the occasion of the exhibition at the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York City, February 27-May 2, 2004.
- Kurtz-Kretzschmar, Ilene. , Producer
Bourgeois, Caroline. , Producer
Cameron, Dan. , Interviewer
Julien, Isaac. , Artist, Interviewee
Bick Productions. , Distributor, Producer
New Museum of Contemporary Art (New York, N.Y.) , Distributor, Producer
- Access Restriction:
- Licensed for individual viewing only.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|