Point of view : an anthology of the moving image. Gary Hill [videorecording] / produced by Bick Productions, Ilene Kurtz-Kretzschmar and Caroline Bourgeois and the New Museum of Contemporary Art, New York.
- Other Title:
- Anthology of the moving image. Gary Hill
Additional title from container: Gary Hill : Blind spot
Additional title from film: Blind spot
- [New York] : The New Museum of Contemporary Art, 2004.
- Point of view: an anthology of the moving image
1 videodisc : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Hill, Gary, 1951- -- Interviews.
Video art -- United States.
Video art -- New York (State) -- New York -- Exhibitions.
Conceptual art -- United States.
Experimental films -- United States.
- Experimental films.
- Interview with optional subtitles in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Japanese.
- System Details:
- Part of a series presenting a point of entry for contemporary artists working in video, film and digital imagery who represent different generations and cultural perspectives. In Blind spot, created by the American artist Gary Hill, a brief encounter in the street with a man in a southern French city that has a large North African population is slowed down, forcing the viewer into an intimate relationship with the subject and the shifting emotions in his face. Film is followed by an in-depth interview with the video artist.
- Video: Blind spot / Gary Hill (13 min., 2003)
- Interviewer, Hans-Ulrich Obrist ; interviewee, Gary Hill.
- Producers, Ilene Kurtz-Kretzschmar and Caroline Bourgeois ; video artist, Gary Hill.
- Originally produced in 2003. Published in 2004.
Published on the occasion of the exhibition at the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York City, February 27-May 2, 2004.
- Kurtz-Kretzschmar, Ilene. , Producer
Bourgeois, Caroline. , Producer
Obrist, Hans Ulrich. , Interviewer
Hill, Gary, 1951- , Interviewee, Artist
Bick Productions. , Producer
New Museum of Contemporary Art (New York, N.Y.) , Producer, Distributor
- Access Restriction:
- Licensed for individual viewing only.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|