Defining gender [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Defining gender online
: Five centuries of advice literature online
- Marlborough, Wiltshire, England : Adam Matthew Digital, - , ©2003-
Database & Article Index
1 online resource
- Former title:
- Defining gender, 1450-1910
- Bodleian Library.
Didactic literature, English -- Sources.
Etiquette -- Great Britain -- History -- Sources.
Families -- Great Britain -- History -- Sources.
Sex role -- Great Britain -- History -- Sources.
Women -- Great Britain -- Conduct of life -- Sources.
Women -- Great Britain -- History -- Sources.
Women -- Great Britain -- Social conditions -- Sources.
Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- Sources.
Didactic literature, English.
Manners and customs.
Women -- Conduct of life.
Women -- Social conditions.
Electronic reference sources.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Provides access to original British source material which supports the study of history, literature, sociology and education from a gendered perspective. Includes ephemera, pamphlets, commonplace books, diaries, periodicals, letters, ledgers, manuscript journals, poetry, receipt books and conduct and advice literature. Essays from leading academics suggest pathways into the materials through a variety of topics.
- Section 1. Conduct and politeness
Section 2. Domesticity and the family
Section 3. Consumption and leisure
Section 4. Education and sensibility
Section 5. The body.
- Title from the resource itself (viewed on Feb. 10, 2004)
Description based on contents viewed on March 7, 2017; title from home page.
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm), issuing body.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|