In the shadow of the Reich [videorecording] : Nazi medicine ; The cross and the star / Etoile Productions.
- Other Title:
- Title on container: Nazi medicine & the cross and the star
- New York, NY : First Run Features, [2003?]
1 videodisc (109 min.) : sd., col. & b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities -- Germany.
Atrocities -- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945).
Human experimentation in medicine -- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany.
Genocide -- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany.
Euthanasia -- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany.
Eugenics -- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany.
Nazis -- Atrocities.
Nazis -- Human experimentation.
Nazis -- Medicine -- Germany.
Christianity and other religions -- Judaism.
Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- "'Nazi medicine' studies the step-by-step process that led the German medical profession down an unethical road to genocide. It graphically documents the racial theories and eugenics principles that set the stage for the doctors' participation in sterilization and euthanasia, the selections at the death camps, as well as inhuman and unethical human experimentation. 'The cross and the star' finds disturbing echoes of anti-Semitism in the ... Gospel of St. John, the sermons of St. Augustine, the writings of Martin Luther and in the voices of the Crusaders and the Spanish Inquisitors--all of which may have helped the ideological seeds that developed into Nazism."--Container.
- In the shadow of the reich: Nazi medicine (54 min.)
The cross and the star: Jews, Christians and the Holocaust (55 min.)
A window into the camps (10 min.)
- [1st work] produced, directed & written by John J. Michalczyk ; videographers, Paul Goudreau ... [et al.] ; editors, Stephen Mahan, Paul Goudreau, Robert Marshall ; narrator, Donald Winning. [2nd work] executive producer/director/script, John J. Michalczyk ; producer, Claire Yannatos ; videographers, Paul Goudreau ... [et al.] ; narrator, Chris Clausen ; music, Ken Meltz, Beth Watson. [3rd work] produced by John J. Michalczyk & Emily Stevens ; camera, Paul Goudreau, Jan Pelech ; editor, Emily Stevens.
- "Two films by John J. Michalczyk"--Container.
'Nazi medicine' originally produced 1997; 'The cross and the star' originally produced 1992.
Includes bonus short: A window into the camps; Inside the Reich: a photographic tour; director biography and filmography.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Seymour Wishman and First Run Features.
- Penn Provenance:
- Wishman, Seymour (donor)
- Michalczyk, John J., 1941- , Producer, Screenwriter, Director
Yannatos, Claire. , Producer
Stevens, Emily. , Producer
Seymour Wishman First Run Features Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Etoile Productions. , Producer
First-Run Features (Firm) , Distributor
- Cross and the star [videorecording]
Nazi medicine [videorecording]
- Publisher Number:
- FRF 910644D First Run/Icarus Films
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|