Voluntarism, community life, and the American ethic / Robert S. Ogilvie.
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, c2004.
- Philanthropic and nonprofit studies
viii, 272 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Partnership for the Homeless (New York, N.Y.)
Shelters for the homeless -- New York (State) -- New York.
Voluntarism -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Voluntarism and the American ethic
The Partnership for the Homeless
In the church shelters
Why people volunteer in church shelters and why they keep at it
The mediating role of the church shelters
The moral effects of the volunteer experience
The church shelters as community-generating institutions
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -261) and index.
- 0253344239 (cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|