Staging classical tragedy [videorecording] / presented by Richard Beacham ; written and produced by Richard Beacham and Peter Bowen ; directed by Peter Bowen.
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, c2002.
- Ancient theatre & its legacy
1 videodisc (30 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Aeschylus -- Dramatic production.
Greek drama (Tragedy) -- History and criticism.
Theater -- Greece -- History -- To 500.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- Using the theater at Epidaurus and graphics, identifies the physical parts of the acting space to show the relationships among actors, chorus, and audience. With the Oresteia as an example, shows how plays would have been staged in Aeschylus' time.
- Originally produced by Audio-Visual Centre, University of Warwick, 1982; first date of FFH distribution, 1988.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Classes of 1883 and 1884 Fund.
- Beacham, Richard C. , Screenwriter, Producer
Bowen, Peter. , Screenwriter, Producer, Director
University of Warwick. Audio-Visual Centre. , Producer
Films for the Humanities (Firm) , Distributor
Classes of 1883 and 1884 Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- FFH1612 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|