Miscellanea biographica / Oswinus, rex Northumbriae ; cuthbertus, episcopus lindisfarnensis ; eata, episcopus haugustaldensis.
- Other records:
- London : J.B. Nichols and son, 
- Publications of the Surtees Society; v.8.
The publications of the Surtees society ... [v.8]
xv, 128 p. ; 23 cm.
- Oswin, Saint, martyr, d. 651.
Cuthbert, Saint, Bishop of Lindisfarne, ca. 635-687.
Eata, Saint, Bishop of Hexham, d. 685.
- "The Life of Oswin is derived from the ms. Cotton, Julius A. X., fol. 2, et seq. in the British museum ... The prose Life of Cuthbert is printed from a manuscript of the fourteenth century belonging to the dean and leonines is transcribed from a manuscript
belonging to the master and fellows of University college, Oxford, written about the end of the 12th or beginning of the 13th century ... The short Life of Eata, bishop of Hexham, is contained in the York manuscript above mentioned [XVI. I. 12]"-Pref., sgned: J. R. [i. e. James Raine]
- Yarnall Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|