A volume of English miscellanies illustrating the history and language of the northern counties of England.
- Other records:
- Durham [England] : Pub. for the Society by Andrews & Co., 1890.
- Publications of the Surtees Society ; v.85.
Publications of the Surtees society ; [v.85]
ix, 100 p. ; 23 cm.
- English language -- Middle English, 1100-1500 -- Glossaries, vocabularies, etc.
Great Britain -- History -- Medieval period, 1066-1485 -- Sources.
York (England) -- History -- Sources.
- I. An account of the proceedings in a remarkable case of adulteration at York
II. Verdicts of the searchers called in to decide about encroachments, etc., in the city of York
III. Presentments of the juries at the courts of the abbot of Selby
Iv. Certificates of the English parentage and birth of certain persons who have been charged with being Scots
v. The programme for the reception of Henry VII. on his first visit to York in 1486
VI. Customs and liberties of the burgesses of New Malton. Saec. XV
VII. The sonnge of Sir Andraye Barton, knight
Appendix : An attempt at a glossary of the northern words in the publications of the Surtees society, with additions from other northern sources.
- Edited by James Raine.
"Chiefly drawn from the registers of the lord mayor and corporation of York."-Pref., p. [v]
- Yarnall Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|