Aoku (deep blue) [videorecording] : Hideaki Kuribayashi, koto player & composer / production, Kyoto Broadcasting System ; coordinator, Mitsu Ishii ; director, Akio Ishiba.
- Other Title:
- Deep blue
Hideaki Kuribayashi, koto player & composer
Title on disc surface and container: Koto, praise on strings
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities and Sciences, c2003.
- Sound of Japan
1 videodisc (48 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Kuribayashi, Hideaki -- Interviews.
Sawai, Tadao, 1937-1997.
Music -- Japan -- 20th century.
Musical instruments -- Japan.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- DVD - NTSC.
- "Hideaki Kuribayashi was a disciple of koto legend Tadao Sawai and is considered the finest living player of this traditional Japanese stringed instrument. In this program, interviews with Kuribayashi are interspersed with performances from his concerts in Nagano and Kyoto in 2000. Kuribayashi comments on the history and art of koto music and discusses the creation of his own original musical compositions."--Container.
- Narrators, Gary Tegler, Noriko Ishii.
- Executive producer, Shunsuke Hosoi.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Ishiba, Akio. , Director
Kuribayashi, Hideaki. , Performer
Ishii, Mitsu. , Associated name
Tegler, Gary. , Narrator
Ishii, Noriko Kawamura, 1960- , Narrator
KBS Kyōto (Radio station) , Producer
Films for the Humanities (Firm) , Distributor
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- FFH 30228 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|