Gesta regis Henrici Secundi Benedicti abbatis = The chronicle of the reigns of Henry II and Richard I A.D. 1169-1192 : known commonly under the name of Benedict of Peterborough / edited from the Cotton MSS., by William Stubbs ... ; published by the authority of the lords commissioners of Her Majesty's Treasury, under the direction of the master of the rolls.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- The chronicle of the reigns of Henry II and Richard I
Gesta Henrici II et Ricardi I Benedictus.
- London : Longmans, Green, Reader, and Dyer, 1867.
- Rerum Britannicarum medii aevi scriptores ; no.49
Rerum britannicarum medii aevi scriptores, or, Chronicles and memorials of Great Britain and Ireland during the Middle Ages ; no.49
2 v. ; 26 cm.
- Great Britain -- History -- Angevin period, 1154-1216 -- Sources.
Henry II, King of England, 1133-1189.
Richard I, King of England, 1157-1199.
- "Transcribed by Benedict's orders ... Who was the real author ... is not known ... The work may be, in an altered form, the lost Tri-columnis of Richard FitzNeal." Dict. nat. biog.
Text in Latin. Introduction and notes in English.
- Penn Chronology:
- Benedict, Abbot of Peterborough, d. 1193.
Stubbs, William, 1825-1901.
Henry Charles Lea Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|