Art of the garden : the garden in British art, 1800 to the present day / edited by Nicholas Alfrey, Stephen Daniels, and Martin Postle, with contributions by Stephen Bann, Brent Elliott, Mary Horlock and Ben Tufnell.
- Other Title:
- Garden in British art, 1800 to the present day
- London : Tate Publishing, c2004.
- New York : Distributed in the United States and Canada by Harry N. Abrams, Inc.,
256 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 31 cm
- Gardens in art -- Exhibitions.
Art, British -- Themes, motives -- Exhibitions.
Art, British -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
Art, British -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Essays. Country Gardens / Martin Postle; Suburban Prospects / Stephen Daniels; On Garden Colour / Nicholas Alfey; Gardens Illustrated / Brent Elliott; The Gardens of England: theme and variations / Stephen Bann
Catalogue. Thresholds and Prospects; The Secret Garden; Fragments and Inscriptions; Coloured Grounds; Representing and intervening / with an essay by Mary Horlock
Artists' Gardens. James Tissot; Alfred Parsons; Edward Atkinson-Hornel; Charles Mahoney; Cedric Morris; Ivon Hitchens; Barbara Hepworth; Patrick Heron; Ian Hamilton Finlay; Derek Jarman.
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition or the same title held at Tate Britain, London, June 3-Aug. 30, 2004; Ulster Museum, Belfast, Oct. 1, 2004-Feb. 6, 2005 and the Mancester Art Gallery, Mar. 5-May 15, 2005.
"Designed by Melanie Mues."
Includes bibliographical references (p. 242-243) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1932 Fund.
Kislak Center Moore Finlay Collection copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 2012 from Graeme Moore.
- Penn Provenance:
- Moore, Graeme (former owner) (Moore Finlay Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Alfrey, Nicholas, contributor.
Daniels, Stephen, 1950-, contributor.
Postle, Martin, contributor.
Bann, Stephen, contributor.
Tate Britain (Gallery)
Manchester City Art Gallery.
Class of 1932 Fund.
Graeme Moore Collection of Ian Hamilton Finlay (University of Pennsylvania)
- 185437544X (hbk.)
1854375024 (pbk.) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|