Winter music [sound recording] / John Luther Adams.
- Standardized Title:
- [Middletown, Conn.] : Wesleyan University Press, c2004.
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Tam-tam and electronic music.
Percussion and piano music.
- Roar (10:46)
[Velocities] crossing in phase-space (9:41)
Red arc/ Blue veil (12:26).
- Steven Schick, tam-tam (1st work) ; Percussion Group Cincinnati (2nd work) ; Ensemble Sirius (Stuart Gerber, vibraphone, crotales, Michael Fowler, piano) (3rd work).
- 35956-CD 01D (matrix)
The 1st work for tam-tam and processed sounds; the 2nd work for 4 drummers; the 3rd work for "mallet percussion" (vibraphone and crotales), piano and processed sounds.
The 1st work recorded Jan. 17, 2004, Charles W. Davis Concert Hall, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, the 2nd work Nov. 13, 1998, Patricia Corbett Theater, University of Cincinnati, the 3rd work Oct. 26, 2002, Center for Audio Recording Arts, Georgia State University.
Issued with and intended to accompany the book of the same title.
Program notes photocopied from p. 203-204 of the book laid in.
- Schick, Steven. , Performer
Gerber, Stuart. , Performer
Fowler, Michael, pianist. , Performer
Percussion Group Cincinnati. , Performer
- Adams, John Luther, 1953- Mathematics of resonant bodies. Roar.
Adams, John Luther, 1953- Strange and sacred noise. Velocities crossing in phase-space.
Adams, John Luther, 1953- Red arc/blue veil.
- Publisher Number:
- 35956-CD 01D
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|