Men and cartoons : stories / Jonathan Lethem.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Doubleday : c2004.
x, 160 p. ; 22 cm.
- Boys -- Fiction.
City and town life -- Fiction.
Failure (Psychology) -- Fiction.
Loss (Psychology) -- Fiction.
Baby boom generation -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Jonathan Lethem's new collection of stories is a feast for his fans and the perfect introduction for new readers -- nine fantastic, amusing, poignant tales written in a dizzying variety of styles, as Lethem samples high and low culture to create fictional worlds that are utterly original. Longtime readers will recognize echoes of Lethem's novels in all these pieces -- )narrators who can't stop babbling, hapless would-be detectives, people with unusual powers that do them no good, hot-blooded academics, and characters whose clever repartee masks lovelorn desperation as they negotiate both the stumbling path of romance and the bittersweet obligations of friendship.
- The vision
Planet Big Zero
The dystopianist, thinking of his rival, is interrupted by a knock on the door
Super Goat Man
The national anthem.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy signed by the author.
- Penn Provenance:
- Rothman, Steven D. (donor) (RBC copy)
Lethem, Jonathan (autograph) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Steven Rothman Collection of Comics, Cartoons, and Graphic Novels (University of Pennsylvania)
Comics Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|