London, Decr. 11, 1800. [electronic resource] : Gentlemen, We were favoured with your joint letter of June 20, inclosing a list of books for the intended library at Washington, and we instantly set about executing the order in the best manner we were able. Inclosed we transmit the invoice and bill of lading, and we earnestly hope the books will arrive perfectly safe ...
- Other Title:
- Gentlemen, We were favoured with your joint letter of June 20, inclosing a list of books ...
- [Washington, D.C. : publisher not identified, 1801?]
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 37842.
1 online resource (8 pages)
- Library of Congress -- Appropriations and expenditures.
Booksellers and bookselling -- England -- London.
- Place of Publication:
- United States District of Columbia Washington.
- Invoice of the first consignment of books supplied by Cadell and Davies to the Library of Congress. The letter is addressed to W. Bingham and Robert Waln.
Caption title. Signed on pages 2: Cadell and Davies.
Recorded by Evans among imprints for 1800. However, the letter, being dated at London, Dec. 11, 1800, could not have reached Washington before 1801.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 37842).
- Cited in:
- Evans 37842
- Bingham, William, 1752-1804.
Waln, Robert, 1765-1836.
United States. Congress. Joint Committee on the Library.
Library of Congress.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|