The judgments of Providence in the hand of Christ: his voice to us in the terrible earthquake. [electronic resource] : And the earth devoured by the curse. : In four sermons. / By Benjamin Colman. ; [Four lines from Isaiah]
- Other Title:
- Earthquakes in the hand of Christ.
Christ's voice to us in the earthquakes.
Earth devoured by the curse.
- Boston: : Printed for J. Phillips at the Stationers-Arms on the south side of the town-house, and T. Hancock at the Bible and Three Crowns near the town dock,, 1727.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 2853.
1 online resource (viii, 86 pages)
- Earthquakes -- New England -- Religious aspects.
Earthquakes -- Religious aspects.
- Fast day sermons -- 1727 Nov. 2.
Sermons -- 1727.
Sermons -- Collections.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Running-titles: The judgments of Providence in the hands of Christ; Earthquakes in the hand of Christ; Christ's voice to us in the earthquakes; The earth devoured by the curse.
"Errata."--verso of title page.
"The earth devoured by the curse. A sermon preached at Boston Novem. 2. 1727. on a day of prayer and fasting, four days after the earthquake."--p. -86, with separate title page.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 2853).
- Cited in:
- Evans 2853
- Colman, Benjamin, 1673-1747. Earth devoured by the curse.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|