The genuine principles of the ancient Saxon, or English Constitution. [electronic resource] : Carefully collected from the best authorities; with some observations, on their peculiar fitness, for the united colonies in general, and Pennsylvania in particular. / By Demophilus. ; [Four lines of quotations]
- Other Title:
- English Constitution.
- Philadelphia: : Printed, and sold, by Robert Bell, in Third-Street., MDCCLXXVI. 
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 14734.
1 online resource (46,  pages)
- Constitutional history -- Great Britain.
Pennsylvania -- Politics and government -- 1775-1783.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1775-1783.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- "I have thought it my duty to collect some sentiments from a certain very scarce book, entitled an Historical essay on the English Constitution [by Allan Ramsay], and publish them, with whatever improving observations our differing circumstances may suggest ..."--p. 4.
"Pages 41-46 contain the Declaration of Independence. As the advertisement at the end is dated July 8, 1776, this is probably the first publication of the Declaration in book form made."--Evans.
Running title: The English Constitution.
Publisher's prospectus, pages .
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 14734).
- Cited in:
- Evans 14734
Hildeburn, C.R. Pennsylvania, 3372
- Ramsay, Allan, 1713-1784.
- United States. Declaration of Independence.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|