A summary, historical and political, of the first planting, progressive improvements, and present state of the British settlements in North-America. [electronic resource] : Containing I. Province of New-Hampshire. II. Colony of Rhode-Island. III. Colony of Connecticut. IV. Province of New-York. V. Province of New-Jersey. VI. Province of Pennsylvania and its territories. VII. Province of Maryland. VIII. The Colony and Dominions of Virginia. / By William Douglass, M.D. Vol. II.
- Boston, New-England: : Printed and sold by D. Fowle in Ann-Street, faceing [sic] the town-dock., 1753 [id est, 1758?].
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 6992.
Early American imprints. First series ; no. 7885.
1 online resource (, 440 pages)
- Smallpox -- Vaccination.
Great Britain -- Colonies -- America.
United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Vol. 2 was first issued in parts, 1750-1752 (Evans 6306, 6490, 6662), but left incomplete upon the author's death in 1752. The parts to volume 2 were issued with a new title page (misdated 1751) and table of contents in 1752 (Evans 6663).
The parts are reissued here, with a new title page (misdated 1753) and table of contents, and with pages 417-440 appended, containing additional material on North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. "In order to render this work more compleat the following is collated from Mr. Salmon's Geographical and historical grammar, printed in London, 1757."
"A digression concerning the small-pox."--p. 392-414.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 6992).
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 7885).
- Cited in:
- Evans 6992
- Salmon, Thomas, 1679-1767.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|