Priestcraft defended. [electronic resource] : A sermon occasioned by the expulsion of six young gentlemen from the University of Oxford, for praying, reading, and expounding the Scriptures. : Humbly dedicated to Mr. V--- C----r and the H--ds of H--s, / by their humble servant, the Shaver.
- The twelfth edition, corrected and much enlarged.
- [Newport, R.I.] : London, printed: Newport, Rhode-Island: re-printed and sold by Solomon Southwick,, 1770.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 11711.
1 online resource (vi, 7-36 pages)
- University of Oxford.
Poems -- 1770.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Rhode Island Newport.
- Attributed to John Macgowan in the Dictionary of national biography.
"Hymn in praise of the University. To the tune of Down, down with hypocrisy. Down, down, a down, down."--p. 34-35.
"An epitaph for the grave of the slain Goliath, after the manner of the famous poets Sternhold and Hopkins."--p. 36.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 11711).
- Cited in:
- Evans 11711
Alden, J.E. Rhode Island, 443
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|