By His Excellency, Joseph Dudley Esq. ... A proclamation for the apprehending of William Hilton. [electronic resource] : ... Given at the Council chamber in Boston, upon Thursday the first day of May, 1712. ...
- Boston: : Printed by B. Green, printer to his excel. the governour and Council., 1712.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 39545.
1 online resource (1 sheet ( pages)) : coat of arms.
- Hilton, William, 1678-1723.
Indians of North America -- Maine.
Massachusetts -- History -- Queen Anne's War, 1702-1713.
United States -- History -- Queen Anne's War, 1702-1713.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Signed: By order of the governour, with the advice of the Council, J. Dudley. Isaac Addington secr.
On November 8, 1711, Hilton and a number of others pursued and recovered a sloop stolen from York, Maine, by a Frenchman and three Indians. The Indians were put to death, and the scalps brought to Boston for bounty. The incident led to renewed hostilities with the Indians. Cf. Banks, Charles Edward. History of York, Maine. Boston, 1931, volume I, pages 318.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 39545).
- Cited in:
- Bristol B400
Shipton and Mooney 39545
Ford, W.C. Broadsides, 353
- Dudley, Joseph, 1647-1720.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|