By the Honourable John Penn, Esquire, lieutenant-governor, and commander in chief of the province of Pennsylvania ... a proclamation. [electronic resource] : Whereas a number of persons, chiefly belonging to the colony of Connecticut, have ... made attempts to possess themselves of, and settle upon a large tract of land within the limits of this province ... Given ... at Philadelphia, the sixteenth day of May ... one thousand seven hundred and sixty-nine.
- Philadelphia: : Printed by D. Hall, and W. Sellers., 1769.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 11402.
1 online resource (1 sheet ( pages))
- Squatters -- Pennsylvania -- Wyoming County.
Squatter settlements -- Pennsylvania -- Wyoming County.
Wyoming County (Pa.) -- History.
Pennsylvania -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
Public lands -- Connecticut.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Requiring Connecticut settlers to leave Pennsylvania, and forbidding occupation of Pennsylvania lands without express permission.
Signed: John Penn.
Royal arms at head of title.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 11402).
- Cited in:
- Evans 11402
Hildeburn, C.R. Pennsylvania, 2479
- Penn, John, 1729-1795.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|