A True and particular relation of the dreadful earthquake, which happen'd at Lima, the capital of Peru, and the neighbouring port of Callao, on the 28th of October, 1746. [electronic resource] : With an account likewise of every thing material that passed there afterwards to the end of November following. : Published at Lima by command of the viceroy, / and translated from the original Spanish, by a gentleman who resided many years in those countries.
- [Philadelphia] : London printed: Philadelphia reprinted, and sold by B. Franklin, and D. Hall, at the new-printing-office, near the market., 1749.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 6348.
1 online resource (52 pages)
Earthquakes -- Peru.
Earthquakes -- Peru -- Lima.
Earthquakes -- Peru -- Callao (Callao).
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Running title: Account of the late earthquake.
Translated by Henry Johnson from an anonymous pamphlet, entitled Individual, y verdadera relacion de la extrema ruyna que padeciö ... Sometimes attributed to Pedro Lozano. Cf. the Dictionary of national biography, s.v. Johnson.
"Some considerations on the causes of earthquakes."--p. 42-52.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 6348).
- Cited in:
- Evans 6348
Hildeburn, C.R. Pennsylvania, 1163
Miller, C.W. Franklin, 476
Parsons, W. Catholic Americana, 5
- Lozano, Pedro, 1697-1752.
Johnson, H. (Henry), 1698?-1760, tr.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|