Dem Andenken deutscher Dichter und Philosophen gewidmet von Deutschen in Amerika [electronic resource] : Erster Band[.]
- Baltimore : Bey G. Keatinge, 1796.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 29989.
1 online resource (, iv, , 324 pages,  leaves of plates) : illustrations
- Gessner, Salomon, 1730-1788 -- Portraits.
German literature -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Maryland Baltimore.
- The volume, announced as the first of a series devoted to the works of German authors, contains Salomon Gessner's Der Tod Abels, Daphnis, and Die Nacht. No more published.
Dedicated to George Washington.
"G. Keatinge was probably the publisher only, while the very neat print (in Roman type) was the work of Samuel Saur."--Seidensticker, pages 142. Seidensticker's assertion notwithstanding, the edition may have been printed in Germany.
Title page engraved, and conjugate with the engraved frontispiece depicting Gessner and signed: F. Bolt sc. Berlin 1796.
Error in paging: pages 121 misnumbered 112.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 29989).
- Cited in:
- Evans 29989
- Gessner, Salomon, 1730-1788.
Bolt, F., engraver.
Washington, George, 1732-1799, dedicatee.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|