Porcupine's political censor, for December, 1796. [electronic resource] : Containing, remarks on the debates in Congress, particularly on the timidity of the language held towards France. : Also, a letter to the infamous Tom Paine, in answer to his brutal attack on the federal Constitution, and on the conduct and character of General Washington.
- Standardized Title:
- Porcupine's political censor. 1796 Dec.
- Other Title:
- Political censor, for December, 1796.
- The second edition.
- Philadelphia: : Published by William Cobbett, opposite Christ's Church. Price, one quarter of a dollar., 
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 30233.
Early American imprints. First series ; no. 31948.
1 online resource (64 pages)
- Washington, George, 1732-1799.
Paine, Thomas, 1737-1809.
United States. Congress -- (4th, 2nd session : 1796-1797).
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Issued as the eighth title in some copies of: Cobbett, William. Porcupine's works. Vol. II. Philadelphia, Cobbett, [1797-1798] (Evans 30233 and Evans 31948). Also issued separately (Evans 30228; Gaines 26c; Gaines 26d).
For a discussion of the two states of the separate issue, see Gaines 26c-d. Only Gaines 26c is found in the collected Porcupine's works.
Dated  by Evans;  by Gaines. No copy with the plate called for by Evans is known to exist.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 30233).
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 31948).
- Cited in:
- Evans 30233
- Cobbett, William, 1763-1835. Letter to the infamous Tom Paine.
- Contained In:
- [Unknown host].
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|