Porcupine's political censor, for December. 1796. [electronic resource] : Containing, remarks on the debates in Congress, particularly on the timidity of the language held towards France. : Also, a letter to the infamous Tom Paine, in answer to his brutal attack on the Federal Constitution, and on the conduct and character of General Washington.
- Standardized Title:
- Porcupine's political censor. 1796 Dec.
- Other Title:
- Political censor, for December, 1796.
- The second edition.
- Philadelphia: : Published by William Cobbett, opposite Christ's Church. Price, one quarter of a dollar., 
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 30228.
1 online resource (64 pages)
- Washington, George, 1732-1799.
Paine, Thomas, 1737-1809.
United States. Congress -- (4th, 2nd session : 1796-1797).
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Dated  by Evans;  by Gaines. No copy with the plate called for by Evans is known to exist.
Also issued as part of some copies of: Cobbett, William. Porcupine's works. Vol. II. Philadelphia : Cobbett,  (Evans 30233 and 31948).
Two states of gathering I noted. In one (Gaines 26c), gathering I is missigned F. In the other (Gaines 26d), it is signed I.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 30228).
- Cited in:
- Evans 30228
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 26c
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 26d
- Cobbett, William, 1763-1835. Letter to the infamous Tom Paine.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|