Porcupine's works. [electronic resource] : Vol. I. : [Four lines]
- Philadelphia: : Published by William Cobbett, opposite Christ Church., [1796-1798]
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 31948.
1 online resource (1 volume (various pagings))
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1789-1797.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- (from table of contents) I. Observations on the emigration of Dr. Joseph Priestley, commonly called the fire-brand philosopher
II. A bone to gnaw for the Democrats
III. A kick for a bite
IV. A bone to gnaw for the Democrats. Part II
V. A little plain English; or A defence of the British treaty against the attack of Franklin
VI. A New Year's gift for the Democrats; or Observations on poor Mr. Randolph's precious confessions
VII. A prospect from the Congress gallery.
- Reissue, with collective title page and table of contents, of seven pamphlets by Cobbett. Editions and issues of the pamphlets used in making up the volume vary from copy to copy. Some copies have imprint date 1796 on the collective title page; most copies, however, were made up in 1797. At least one copy was made up no earlier than 1798.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 31948).
- Cited in:
- Evans 31948
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 27a
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 27b
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 34a
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 34b
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 34c
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 34d
Gaines, P.W. Cobbett, 34e
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|