Porcupine's political censor, for November 1796. [electronic resource] : Containing observations on the insolent and seditious notes, communicated to the people of the United States by the late French Minister Adet;[.]
- Standardized Title:
- Porcupine's political censor. 1796 Nov.
- Other Title:
- Political censor, for November, 1796.
- Philadelphia: : Printed for, and sold by, William Cobbett, opposite Christ Church., Nov. 1796.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 30233.
Early American imprints. First series ; no. 31948.
1 online resource (78,  pages)
- Adet, Pierre-Auguste, 1763-1832.
France -- Foreign relations -- United States.
United States -- Foreign relations -- France.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1789-1797.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Previous issues through Sept. 1796 published under title: The political censor. There was no issue for Oct. 1796.
Issued as the seventh title in some copies of: Cobbett, William. Porcupine's works. Vol. II. Philadelphia : Cobbett, [1797-1798] (Evans 30233 and Evans 31948). Also issued separately (Evans 30226; Gaines 25a; Gaines 25b).
"Persuaded of the utility this Censor may be of, if extensively read, the editor has printed a double edition of it ..."--p. .
For a discussion of the two states of the separate issue, see Gaines 25a-b. Only Gaines 25a is found in the collected Porcupine's works.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 30233).
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 31948).
- Cited in:
- Evans 30233
- Contained In:
- [Unknown host].
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|