Dickson's balloon almanac, for the year of our Lord, 1799. [electronic resource] : ... Adapted to Pennsylvania and the neighbouring states.
- Lancaster [Pa.], : Printed and sold by W. and R. Dickson, in Queen-Street, north of the courthouse., 
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 33636.
1 online resource ( pages) : illustrations
- Lunardi, Vincent, 1759-1806.
Balloons in art.
- Almanacs -- Pennsylvania -- 1799.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Lancaster.
- The astronomical portion is apparently by Joshua Sharp. Most of the calculations and astronomical notes in the calendar and eclipse pages duplicate those in Father Tammany's almanac for 1799 (Philadelphia), calculated by Sharp. The calculations for the rising or setting and southing of the moon have been adjusted in part. The monthly ephemeris in Tammany is omitted in Dickson's, and the tide times are abbreviated.
Illustrated title page depicts Vincenzo Lunardi's balloon ascension at London, Sept. 15, 1784, showing his falling oar.
Printers' advertisement of books and stationery, pages .
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 33636).
- Cited in:
- Evans 33636
Drake, M. Almanacs, 10488
- Sharp, Joshua.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|