The New-England almanack, for 1786. And gentlemen and ladies diary, for the year of our Lord Christ ... [electronic resource] : Calculated for the meridian of Hartford, latitude 41 deg. 56 min. north. / By Isaac Bickerstaff.
- Hartford: : Printed by Elisha Babcock., 
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 44651.
1 online resource ( pages)
- Almanacs -- Connecticut -- 1786.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Connecticut Hartford.
- The eclipse predictions are identical, except for a typographical error, with those found in the New England almanack and gentlemen and ladies diary for 1786 (New London), calculated by Nathan Daboll under the pseudonym of Edmund Freebetter. The contents of the title page, except for the meridian, author statement, and imprint, duplicate those of "Freebetter."
The calendar pages contain scarcely any resemblances to Freebetter. Most of their astronomical notes (chiefly aspects), but not their calculations, duplicate those in Nehemiah Strong's almanac for the same year and meridian, An Astronomical ephemeris, calendar, or almanack (Hartford).
Reprint of The New England almanack and gentlemen and ladies diary for 1786, by Isaac Bickerstaff, published at Hartford by Barlow and Babcock. Joel Barlow, Babcock's partner, retired in November 1785. The subtitle of the reprint has been inadvertently transposed below the year.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 44651).
- Cited in:
- Bristol B6115
Shipton and Mooney 44651
Drake, M. Almanacs, 387
- Daboll, Nathan, 1750-1818.
Strong, Nehemiah, 1729-1807.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|