[Metamorphosis] [electronic resource]
- Other Title:
- Adam comes first upon the stage.
- [Philadelphia : publisher not identified, circa 1787]
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 46569.
1 online resource (1 folded sheet ( pages)) : chiefly illustrations
- Toy and movable books.
- Metamorphic pictures -- 1787.
Juvenile literature -- 1787.
Poems -- 1787.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Chiefly illustrations, which are transformed from one figure to another by the various foldings, with accompanying text in verse. First line: Adam comes first upon the stage.
Title supplied by Welch. Later editions have title: Metamorphosis, or A transformation of pictures, with poetical explanations: for the amusement of young persons. For a detailed physical description, see Welch.
"B. Sands" in border ornaments on p. . Later editions have "by Benjamin Sands" on title page.
Place and date of publication suggested by Welch.
Illustrations cut by James Poupard.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 46569).
- Cited in:
- Bristol B8134
Shipton and Mooney 46569
Welch, d'A.A. Amer. children's books, 1163.1
- Poupard, James, engraver.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|