A history of three of the judges of King Charles I. [electronic resource] : Major-General Whalley, Major-General Goffe, and Colonel Dixwell: who, at the Restoration, 1660, fled to America; and were secreted and concealed, in Massachusetts and Connecticut, for near thirty years. : With an account of Mr. Theophilus Whale, of Narragansett, supposed to have been also one of the judges. / By President Stiles. ; [Five lines from Hebrews]
- Hartford: : Printed by Elisha Babcock., 1794.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 27743.
1 online resource (357,  pages, , ix [id est, viii?] leaves of plates (3 folded)) : illustrations, 1 portrait, maps
- Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649.
Dixwell, John, ca. 1607-1688 or 9.
Goffe, William, 1605?-1679?
Stiles, Ezra, 1727-1795 -- Portraits.
Whale, Theophilus, ca. 1616-ca. 1719.
Whalley, Edward, -1675?.
Great Britain -- History -- Charles I, 1625-1649.
Great Britain -- History -- Commonwealth and Protectorate, 1649-1660.
Hadley (Mass.) -- History.
New Haven (Conn.) -- History.
- Maps -- Connecticut -- New Haven.
Maps -- Massachusetts -- Hadley.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Connecticut Hartford.
- "The plates, which illustrate the various traditional abodes of the regicides, are numbered from 1 to 9 inclusive, but there is no plate 7 in any of the copies seen, and it is probable none was made."--Evans. Plates III, VIII and IX engraved by Amos Doolittle; frontispiece portrait of Stiles engraved by Doolittle after a painting by Reuben Moulthrop.
With an errata slip mounted on pages 357.
Printer's notice to the subscribers, pages .
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 27743).
- Cited in:
- Evans 27743
Trumbull, J.H. Connecticut, 1425
- Doolittle, Amos, 1754-1832, engraver.
Moulthrop, Reuben, 1763-1814, ill.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|