The narrative of Whiting Sweeting, [electronic resource] : who was executed at Albany, the 26th August, 1791. : Containing, an account of his trial before the Supreme Court of New-York, at the July term, for the murder of Darius Quimby: the substance of the charge of His Honor the chief justice to the jury, with the sentence of death on the prisoner; an address to the public, on the fatal consequences of a life spent in sin, instanced in his own conduct ... / Written by himself, and published for the benefit of precious souls, at his particular and dying request. ; To which are added, an account of the behaviour of the unhappy sufferer from his confinement to execution, and the substance of his address at the gallows. By one who had free access to, and frequent conversation with him.
- [Lansingburgh, N.Y.] : Printed for Silvester Tiffany, Lansingburgh., 
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 23814.
1 online resource (72 pages)
- Sweeting, Whiting, d. 1791.
Quimby, Darius, d. 1791.
Trials (Murder) -- New York (State) -- Albany.
Executions and executioners -- New York (State) -- Albany.
Murder -- New York (State) -- Stephentown.
- Poems -- 1791.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York Lansingburgh.
- "Advertisement. The unfortunate Whiting Sweeting, having confidence in my promise, left me with his narrative for publication ... No other person has had his writings, nor an opportunity of transcribing therefrom. The spurious publication, by Mr. Barber, is supposed to have been in consequence of a merited denial of his application ... Silvester Tiffany. Sept. 6, 1791."--p. .
"A short account of the life, conversation, parting advice, and execution of Whiting Sweeting---by Wm. Carter."--p. 65-72.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 23814).
- Cited in:
- Evans 23814
McDade, T.M. Murder, 960
- Carter, William.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|