The American spelling book: [electronic resource] : containing an easy standard of pronunciation. : Being the first part of A grammatical institute of the English language. In three parts. / By Noah Webster, Junior, Esquire.
- Standardized Title:
- Grammatical institute of the English language. Pt. 1
- Other Title:
- Easy standard of pronunciation.
- The fourth Vermont edition.
- Printed at Bennington [Vt.], : by Anthony Haswell, (with the privilege of copyright.), [1790?]
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 46098.
1 online resource (x, , 12-96+ pages) : illustrations
- English language -- Orthography and spelling.
English language -- Pronunciation.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Vermont Bennington.
- First published under title: A grammatical institute of the English language ... part I.
Running title: An easy standard of pronunciation.
Dedicated to Ezra Stiles.
The only known copy, held by the American Antiquarian Society, lacks all after pages 96.
Parentheses substituted for square brackets in imprint transcription.
Date of publication suggested by Skeel.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 46098).
- Cited in:
- Bristol B7615
Shipton and Mooney 46098
McCorison, M.A. Vermont, 188
Skeel, E.E.F. Webster, 21
- Stiles, Ezra, 1727-1795, dedicatee.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|