The American spelling book; [electronic resource] : containing an easy standard of pronunciation. : Being the first part of A grammatical institute of the English language. / By Noah Webster, Junior, Esquire.
- Standardized Title:
- Grammatical institute of the English language. Pt. 1
- Other Title:
- Easy standard of pronunciation.
- The xvth Vermont edition.
- Bennington [Vt.]: : Printed by [Anthony Haswell] the proprietor, for Ralph M. Pomeroy with the privilege of copy right., 1799.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 48990.
1 online resource (164 pages) : illustrations
- English language -- Orthography and spelling.
English language -- Pronunciation.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Vermont Bennington.
- First published under title: A grammatical institute of the English language ... part I.
Running title: An easy standard of pronunciation.
Dedicated to Ezra Stiles.
Ascribed to the press of Anthony Haswell by McCorison.
Errors in paging: pages 31, 89 misnumbered 13, 86.
"A moral catechism."--p. -164.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 48990).
- Cited in:
- Bristol B10946
Shipton and Mooney 48990
McCorison, M.A. Vermont, 551
- Stiles, Ezra, 1727-1795, dedicatee.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|