An American selection of lessons in reading and speaking. [electronic resource] : Calculated to improve the minds and refine the taste of youth. And also to instruct them in the geography, history, and politics of the United States. : To which are prefixed, rules in elocution, and directions for expressing the principal passions of the mind. : Being the third part of A grammatical institute of the English language. : To which is added, an appendix, containing several new dialogues. / By Noah Webster, Jun. Esquire, author of "Dissertations on the English language," "Collection of essays and fugitive writings," andc.
- Standardized Title:
- Grammatical institute of the English language. Part 3
- Thomas and Andrews' eleventh edition. With many corrections and improvements, by the author. [Two lines from Mirabeau]
- Printed at Boston, : by Isaiah Thomas and Ebenezer T. Andrews, at Faust's Statue, numbers 45, Newbury Street. Sold, wholesale and retail, at their bookstore; by said Thomas, in Worcester; by Thomas, Andrews and Penniman, in Albany; and by Thomas, Andrews and Butler, in Baltimore., --1800.
- Early American imprints. First series ; no. 39036.
1 online resource (vi, , 8-240 pages) : 1 portrait
- Webster, Noah, 1758-1843 -- Portraits.
Poems -- 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
United States Massachusetts Worcester.
United States New York Albany.
United States Maryland Baltimore.
- First published under title: A grammatical institute of the English language ... part III.
Frontispiece portrait of Noah Webster.
Error in paging: pages 127 misnumbered 227.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Incorporated, 2002-2004. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. First series ; numbers 39036).
- Cited in:
- Evans 39036
Skeel, E.E.F. Webster, 490
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|