Fleur de l'Air : a garden in Provence / Ian Hamilton Finlay ; edited by Pia Maria Simig ; photographs by Volkmar Herre ; introduction by John Dixon Hunt ; commentaries by Harry Gilonis.
- Other Title:
- Ian Hamilton Finlay : Fleur de l'air a garden in Provence
- Lanark, Scotland : Published by Wild Hawthorn Press, 2004.
 unnumbered pages : plans, photographs ; 28 x 33 cm
- Gardens -- France -- Provence.
Photography of gardens.
Fleur de l'air (Provence, France)
- Place of Publication:
- Scotland Lanark.
- New Garden
- "'Fleur de l'Air, a garden in Provence, created by the poet-gardener Ian Hamilton finlay and Pia Maria Siig in collaboration with the owner, is a theatre or collection of events and concepts and in many ways it is the same kind of gathering that one might expect to discover in a book. Both for instance, use words and imagery ..."--Introduction.
"First edition published by Wild Hawthorn Press ... First edition of 1000 books special edition of 50 copies signed by the artist. Presented in a case with a coloured lithograph by Ian Hamilton Finlay with György Olajos."
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Classes of 1883 and 1884 Fund.
Kislak Center Moore Finlay Collection copy purchased by the Penn Libraries in 2012 from Graeme Moore.
Moore Finlay Collection copy has dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Moore, Graeme (former owner) (Moore Finlay Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Simig, Pia Maria, editor.
Herre, Volkmar, photographer.
Hunt, John Dixon, writer of introduction.
Gilonis, Harry, writer of commentaries.
Classes of 1883 and 1884 Fund.
Graeme Moore Collection of Ian Hamilton Finlay (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|