Song in a weary throat : an American pilgrimage / Pauli Murray.
- First edition.
- New York : Harper & Row, Publishers,  , ©1987
xii, 451, pages,  pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Murray, Pauli, 1910-1985.
Murray, Pauli, 1910-1985
African Americans -- Biography.
Feminists -- United States -- Biography.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Autobiography of an American woman, a pioneer civil rights activist and feminist. Granddaughter of a slave and great-granddaughter of a slave owner, growing up in the "colored" section of Durham, North Carolina in the early 20th century, she rebelled against the segregation that was an accepted fact of life in the South.
- Includes index.
Lillian Smith Book Award, 1987
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy has review of this work from Book world (5 April 1987) laid in.
Banks Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Harper & Row, Publishers, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Murray, Pauli, 1910-1985. Song in a weary throat.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|