Leybourn's dialling improv'd [electronic resource] : or, the whole art perform'd, I. Geometrically: By Scale and Compasses, by projecting the Sphere upon the Plain, whereby the Reasons of the Operations are demonstrated. II. Arithmetically: By Sines and Tangents. Also, How to describe all necessary Furniture for Sun-Dials, as the Sun's Place and Declination; with the Babylonish, Italick, and Jewish Hours, and the Point of the Compass the Sun is upon at any Time of the Day; and to make Dials to give the Time of the Day at any Place proposed, in any Part of the World. With Reflective Dialling: Shewing how to make a Dial that shall give the true Hour of the Day, where the Sun cannot shine. To which is now added, instrumental dialling: by the lines of hours, and Inclination upon the Scales, and likewise mechanick dialling, whereby any Person may, without Mathematicks, make a Dial upon any Plain; with the Manner of ordering Oyl, and Colours, for painting Sun-Dials. Concluding with tables ready calculated for all latitudes and declinations, for the more expeditious drawing the hour-lines upon any plain. By Henry Wilson.
- London : printed for A. Bettesworth, at the Red-Lyon, J. Batley, at the Dove in Pater-Noster-Row; J. Wilford, at the Three Flower-de-Luces in Little-Britain; and T. Jauncy, at the Angel without Temple-Bar, 1721.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,276p.,12 plates ; 12⁰.
- Dialing -- Early works to 1800.
Sundials -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Based upon William Leybourn's 'The art of dialling'.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Harvard University Houghton Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, N12369.
- Leybourn, William, 1626-1716.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|