Einstein's universe / Nigel Calder.
- New York : The Viking Press, .
, 154 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm.
- Relativity (Physics)
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Cosmic whirlwind
The wasting sun
Energy of creation
The ultimate waterfall
Shells of time
The shifting stars
Tramlines in the sky
Waves of gravity
The Galileo mystery
Methuselah in a spaceship
The universal correction
The speed of light
Where time flies
The simple universe
A choice of histories
- "Although it accompanies the television film of the same title ('Einstein's Universe,' marking the centenary of Albert Einstein's birth, made by BBC-TV as a coproduction with WGBH (Boston)), this book is separately conceived and written, to convey the ideas and experiments in printed words rather than with moving pictures."--Author's Note.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Chaim Potok 1979".
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|