The epistles and art of poetry of Horace. In Latin and English. With critical notes collected from his best Latin and French commentators. By the Revd Mr. Philip Francis, Rector of Skeyton in Norfolk. Vol. IV [electronic resource].
- London : printed for A. Millar, at Buchanan's Head, opposite to Katharine-Street, in the Strand, M.DCC.XLVI. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,313,p. ; 8⁰.
- Horace -- Translations into English -- Early works to 1800.
Didactic poetry, Latin -- Translations into English -- Early works to 1800.
Satire -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Vol.IV of the first edition of Francis's translation of Horace, issued with Vol.III, 'The satires of Horace.' The first two volumes, 'The odes, epodes, and carmen seculare of Horace,' were issued together in 1743. Later editions of this translation have the collective title i Vol.I 'A poetical translation of the works of Horace.' - Parallel Latin and English texts.
With two final advertisement leaves.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, N7315.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|