The essays, [electronic resource] : or councils, civil and moral, of Sir. Francis Bacon, Lord Verulam, Viscount St. Alban. With a table of the colours of good and evil. And a discourse of the wisdom of the ancients. To this edition is added the character of Queen Elizabeth; never before printed in English. .
- London : printed by E. Holt for Timothy Childe, at the White Hart at the West End of St. Paul's Church-Yard, 1701.
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,167,,21,,17-98,,99-114,p. ; 8⁰.
- English essays -- Early modern, 1500-1700.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The 'Table of the colours' has separate pagination; 'The wisdom of the ancients', which is translated by Sir Arthur Gorges, has separate pagination and titlepage; register is continuous.
With four final advertisement leaves.
One of six imprint variants of this edition.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, N9113.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|