The cases of impotency and virginity fully discuss'd. [electronic resource] : Being, the genuine proceedings in the Arches-Court of Canterbury, between The Honourable Catherine Elizabeth Weld, alias Aston, and her husband Edward Weld, Esq; of Lulworth-Castle in Dorsetshire. Published by John Crawfurd, L.L.D. containing, I. The Libel, at large, exhibited against Mr. Weld for Impotency after three Years Cohabitation. II. His Answers thereto. III. Four other Answers and Replications of the Parties, to each other's Allegations. IV. Extracts of the Depositions and Certificates on both Sides; and the Reports of the Surgeons and Midwives appointed to inspect each Party. V. An Account of the Hearing, and Sentence passed. VI. An Appendix of Parallel Cases, and other curious Pieces, viz. 1. The Invalidity of an Un-Consummated Marriage. Prov'd by Dr. William Fleetwood, late Bishop of Ely. 2. The Case of the Lady Frances Howard and the Earl of Essex. 3. The famous Decree of Pope Innocent III. concerning Divorces for Impotency. 4. A Collection of Precedents, shewing, what are the real Proofs of Impotency; That there are no certain Signs of Virginity in Women; and, that all the pretended Ones may be effected by Art.
- The second edition.
- London : printed for Thomas Gammon; and sold by W. Mears at the Lamb in the Old-Bailey, M.DCC.XXXII. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,ii,,40,80p. ; 8⁰.
- Weld, Edward, b. 1705? -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Weld, Catherine Elizabeth, b. 1708? -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Impotence (Canon law)
Virginity -- England.
Trials (Libel) -- England -- Canterbury.
Divorce -- Law and legislation -- England.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Also issued in 'Arches-Court law. .. Containing three remarkable cases, .. ', 1735, and without the titlepage in 'Bibliotheca recondita' vol.2, London, 1739.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T20319.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|