New elements of optics. [electronic resource] : Part IV, V, and VI. Containing the theory of catoptrics and dioptrics deduced from physical and mathematical principles; and it [sic] application to the construction and uses of optical instruments: With all their Improvements to the present Time. The whole illustrated with a great variety of copper-plate figures. By B. Martin.
- Standardized Title:
- New elements of optics. Parts 4, 5, 6
- London : printed for, and sold by the author at no 171 in Fleetstreet, and by all booksellers in city and country, [between 1765 and 1773?]
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
vi,,131,p.,plates ; 8⁰.
- Optics -- Early works to 1850.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- With a half-title.
Internal evidence suggests a date of not before 1765 or after 1773; London streets were numbered in the middle of the 1760s; and the final page advts last line has book title including date "June 6, 1761"; the same advts include 'Institutions of astronomical calculations', th earliest copy known is dated 1765, and 'The description and use of the globes' and its 'Appendix', which were published in .
Possibly issued with 'New elements of optics. Parts I, II, and III' between 1765 and 1773 (cf. T25339).
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T25338.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|