The birth of a nation [videorecording] : or, The clansman / David W. Griffith Corp. ; presented, produced and directed by D.W. Griffith ; scenario, David Wark Griffith and Frank E. Woods.
- Other Title:
- United States : Killiam Shows, Inc. ; Republic Pictures Home Video, c1973.
1 videocassette (ca. 154 min.) : si., b&w tinted ; 1/2 in.
- Dixon, Thomas, Jr., 1864-1946 -- Film adaptations.
Ku Klux Klan (1866-1869) -- Drama.
United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Drama.
Slavery -- Southern States -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Silent with musical accompaniment and English intertitles.
- System Details:
- "Two brothers, Phil and Ted Stoneman, visit their friends in Piedmont, South Carolina: the family Cameron. This friendship is affected by the Civil War, as the Stonemans and the Camerons must join up opposite armies. The consequences of the War in their lives are shown in connection to major historical events, like the development of the Civil War itself, Lincoln's assassination, and the birth of the Ku Klux Klan."--IMDb.com
- Henry Walthall, Miriam Cooper, Mae Marsh, Lillian Gish, Mary Alden.
- Camera, G.W. Bitzer ; musical accompaniment composed by Joseph Carl Breil.
- Based on the novel The clansman by Thomas Dixon.
VHS of film originally released in 1915.
- Griffith, D. W. (David Wark), 1875-1948. , Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Woods, Frank E. , Screenwriter
Walthall, Henry B. (Henry Brazeale), 1878-1936. , Actor
Cooper, Miriam, 1891-1976. , Actor
Gish, Lillian, 1893-1993. , Actor
Breil, Joseph Carl, 1870-1926. , Composer
Dixon, Thomas, 1864-1946. , Author
Killiam Shows, inc. , Distributor
Republic Pictures Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|