The english spelling-book and expositor [electronic resource] : being a new method of teaching children and adult persons to read, write, and understand the English tongue in less Time, and with much greater Ease than has hitherto been taught. Containing an Alphabetical Collection of the most useful, proper, and elegant Words, divided into Syllables, and accented, together with a short and easy Explication of each Word thereunto annexed. To which are prefix'd, A New Table of Monosyllables, the Use of Capitals, Stops, and Marks in Writing, a large Number of Abbreviations and Distinctions of Words, and many other Orthographical Rules and Observations, very useful and necessary for Schools and Families. By Henry Boad, School-Master at Colchester. .
- The second edition, revised, corrected, and augmented by the author.
- London : printed for Daniel Midwinter, at the three Crowns in St. Paul's Church-Yard; and Aaron Ward, at the King's-Arms in Little-Britain, MDCCXXXIV. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
xii,100p. ; 8⁰.
- English language -- Orthography and spelling -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuals (Handbooks).
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
- Cited in:
- Alston, IV.411
English Short Title Catalog, T154409.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|