The compleat psalmodist. [electronic resource] : In Four books. Containing I. An introduction to the grounds of music, both Theoretical and Practical, Vocal and Instrumental; teaching all the Rudiments of Music, and Composition in all its various Branches: To which is added, a new Alphabetical Dictionary, explaining, almost to the meanest Capacity, all such Greek, Latin, Italian, and French Words, as are generally made Use of in Music. II. A set of services, commonly called Chanting-Tunes; together with Four and Twenty excellent Anthems, composed of Solo's, Fuges, and Chorus's, after the Cathedral Manner. III. The whole book of psalm-tunes: Containing near Two-Hundred different Tunes, collected from the best Authors now extant; with several new Tunes, never before in Print, being proper for Parish Clerks, and useful to Country Congregations. IV. A set of divine hymns, suited to the Feasts and Fasts of the Church of England; with several Canons of Two, Three, and Four Parts in One. The whole is composed for One, Two, Three, Four, and Five Voices, according to the most authentic Rules, for the Use of Country Choirs. The third edition, with large additions. By John Arnold, Philo-Musicae.
- Standardized Title:
- Bible. O.T. Psalms. English. Selections.
- London : printed by Robert Brown, in Windmill-Court, near Christ's-Hospital. And sold by C. Hitch, at the Red-Lion, in Pater-Noster Row, J. Hodges, at the Looking-Glass, over-against St. Magnus's-Church, London-Bridge and J. Buckland, at the Buck, in Pater-Noster Row, MDCCLIII. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,24,,186,,176,,20,p. : music ; 8⁰.
- Psalmody -- Early works to 1800.
Tune-books -- Early works to 1800.
- Musical works.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Each part has separate titlepage and pagination but register is continuous.
With a final advertisement leaf for J. Hodges.
Price from imprint: price Bound Three Shillings and Six-Pence.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from British Library.
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T161243.
- Arnold, John, ca. 1720-1792.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|