Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets / by J.K. Rowling ; illustrations by Mary GrandPré.
- New York, NY : Arthur A. Levine Books, an imprint of Scholastic Press, 1999 , ©1999
- Berryville, VA : Berryville Graphics
- Rowling, J. K. Harry Potter series ; 2.
Harry Potter series ; 2
viii, 341 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Potter, Harry (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
Granger, Hermione (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
Weasley, Ron (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction.
Wizards -- Juvenile fiction.
Magic -- Juvenile fiction.
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Imaginary place) -- Juvenile fiction.
Schools -- Juvenile fiction.
England -- Juvenile fiction.
- Childrens subjects:
- Wizards -- Fiction.
Magic -- Fiction.
Schools -- Fiction.
England -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City).
United States Virginia Berryville.
- When the Chamber of Secrets is opened again at the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, second-year student Harry Potter finds himself in danger from a dark power that has once more been released on the school.
- The worst birthday
At Flourish and Blotts
The whomping willow
Mudbloods and murmurs
The deathday party
The writing on the wall
The rogue bludger
The dueling club
The polyjuice potion
The very secret diary
The Chamber of Secrets
The heir of Slytherin
- "Year 2"--Spine.
Sequel to: Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone.
"Text copyright ©1998 by J. K. Rowling"--verso of title page
"Illustrations copyright ©1999 by Mary Grand Pré"--verso of title page.
"First American edition, June 1999"--verso of title page.
"The book was printed and bound at Berryville Graphics in Berryville, Virginia"--colophon.
ALA Notable Children's Book, 2000.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- GrandPré, Mary, illustrator.
Arthur A. Levine Books, publisher.
Berryville Graphics, printer.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0439064864 (hardcover)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|