Reel voices [videorecording] / Reel voices, Inc. ; produced and directed by Filmon Mebrahtu.
- Other Title:
- Title on disc : Reel voices video collection
- Philadelphia, PA : Reel Voices, 
- Africa film series
1 videodisc (53 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Africans -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
Immigrants -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
Africa -- Emigration and immigration.
Africa -- Relations -- America.
- Documentary films.
- Chiefly in English with some French subtitled in English.
- System Details:
- DVD - NTSC.
- "Stop killing taxi drivers: The Philadelphia Taxi Association hastily organizes a demonstration in August 2001 in immediate response to the shooting death of an African immigrant taxi driver, the fourth taxi driver fatality since the beginning of the year. Fellow African immigrant drivers express their sadness, frustrations and appeal to the City of Philadelphia for protection during a demonstration of over 1,000 drivers"--Container.
In their own voices: "Interwoven story of four Africans in Philadelphia who in their practicing of different crafts reveal the African continent as their source of inspiration. Features a Liberian drummaker, a Sierra Leonean singer, a Nigerian visual artist and a Guinean artisan"-- Container.
"Rencontrer (to meet): "We follow 6 African immigrants in the course of their daily lives, giving us a wider and broader perspective of the diverse African immigrant experiences in Philadelphia. We traverse various layers and cultures as we allow the camera to intimately capture the daily rhythms and routines of their new homeland"-- Container.
- Stop killing taxi drivers (7 min.)
In their own voices (16 min.)
Rencontrer (to meet) (30 min.).
- In their own voices: features Mamady Doumbouya, Olukode Malomo, Blamoh Doe, Mustapha Saccoh.
- Stop killing taxi drivers originally broadcast on WYBE-TV's Philadelphia Stories 2 in 2001.
Recontrer (to meet) originally broadcast on WYBE-TV's Philadelphia stories 4.
- Mebrahtu, Filmon. , Director, Producer
Reel Voices (Organization) , Producer
- Stop killing taxi drivers.
In their own voices.
Rencontrer (to meet).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|