Rules to live above the world [electronic resource] : while we are in it. The first part; being the childrens manual. Containing holy instructions & meditations for the forming the minds of children According to the true Christian Pattern. Compendiously deliver'd near three hundred years since, by the devout Thomas a Kempis. Now reformed for the use of schools. Together with the Alphabet of a Scholar in the School of Christ.
- Standardized Title:
- Imitatio Christi. English. Selections.
- London : printed for Richard Smith, at Bishop Beveridge's Head in Pater-Noster-Row, MDCCXVI. 
- Eighteenth century collections online. Part 1.
,xvi,,440p.,plates : ill. ; 8⁰.
- Catechisms, English -- Early works to 1800.
Christian life -- Early works to 1800.
Conduct of life -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The traditional attribution to Thomas à Kempis is disputed.
A translation of: Imitatio Christi.
In four parts each with a separate titlepage; pagination and register are continuous.
Includes: 'A collection of several small pieces, both in prose and verse. .. ' also with a separate titlepage and with continuous pagination and register.
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2009 miunns
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
- Cited in:
- English Short Title Catalog, T199767.
- Thomas, à Kempis, 1380-1471.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|